Camp Judah is a place where children and young people can have a personal encounter with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. It is comprised of local churches working together, in a spirit of humility, to provide an environment of holy worship, anointed teaching, real fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ, and exciting fun. We honor the calling and gifting of God in each camper by the presiding leadership of the Holy Spirit, so that each camper leaves camp with a burning passion for Jesus, and is a blessing to their family, local church and community.
Details & Information
NEW FOR 2017:
– Paintball, Rockwall, & Zip Line are now FREE!
– The Rockwall will be open at Sr. Camp
– The brand new Zip Line will be open for both Jr. & Sr. Camp
Sr. Camp is for ages 12-18 and will be held June 25 – 30, 2017
$210 early registration; $235 for registrations postmarked after 6/5/17
Jr. Camp is for ages 8-12 and will be held August 13-18, 2017
$210 early registration; $235 for registrations postmarked after 7/24/17
Camp Judah is located on the grounds of Camp Hickory Hill at 2970 Kohler Rd, Varysburg, NY, 14167. To see a map and get directions, click here: Google Maps
– Parents are responsible for transporting their children to and from camp.
– Check-in is between 3 and 5 pm on the Sunday of each camp.
– All are welcome to attend the closing service beginning at 5:30 PM on the last day of camp.
– Campers are released to go home following the checkout process at 6:30 pm on on the final day (Friday) of camp.
– Money will be collected, kept at the Camp Store and put on an account for each camper. All purchases will be deducted from the individual’s account. Campers may not have cash in their cabin or on their person.
What to bring
- Camp Judah Packing List
- Sleeping bag/Bedding
- Underwear & Socks
- Causal clothes & Shoes
- Modest swimsuit
- Towels/Wash clothes
- Other things to consider:
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Fishing gear
- Camp store money
- Paintball equipment (**You may bring your personal paintball equipment, but it will be subject to the director’s approval and will be securely stored with our other camp equipment during the week.)
From the Pastors
If you are interested in being on staff please visit our staff page here: CJ Staff
Standards of Excellence
Rules for Camp Judah
1. No one is permitted to leave the camp boundaries or make phone calls without first receiving permission from the Director.
2. The following are off limits to campers: Boys’ areas to girls, girls’ areas to boys, the kitchen and the pool or pond without a lifeguard.
3. NO PHYSICAL CONTACT BETWEEN BOYS AND GIRLS. (6 inch rule)
4. Alcohol, tobacco, or illicit drugs are strictly prohibited.
5. Do not touch what is not yours, without permission.
6. Campers may not leave their rooms or shelters after lights out without a counselor’s presence (Jr. Camp) or permission (Sr. Camp).
7. Campers are not to bring or use cell phones, TVs, ipods or similar MP3 players, electronic games or weapons of any kind.
8. Young ladies will dress appropriately – no bare midriff, halter or spaghetti strap tops, short-shorts, 2-piece bathing suits or any immodest or offensive clothing will be permitted. Likewise, young men will dress appropriately – no immodest or offensive clothing will be allowed. If campers come unprepared, appropriate, used clothing will be loaned to them.
IN ALL DISPUTES, THE DECISION OF THE DIRECTOR IS FINAL!
What to Expect
This is a tentative schedule. Junior Camp typically has a little more structure in the afternoon, while Senior Camp is a bit more relaxed. Your Camp Director may choose to adjust the schedule.
8:30 – Gather at the flag
9:15 – Breakfast
10:00 – Chapel
11:00 – Skill Classes
12:30 – Lunch
1:00 – Free time, duties, devotions, swimming, etc.
3:30 – Special Event
5:00 – Dinner
6:30 – Chapel
10:00 – Cabin Time followed by Lights Out
Cabin Counselors are responsible for finding the time between 1:00 and 3:30 pm to have cabin devotions and complete assigned duties.
Everyone must participate in the Special Event.
The Rock Wall is available at Sr. Camp AND Jr. Camp. There is NO FEE. All charges are included in your registration cost.
Paintball is only available at Sr. Camp. There is NO LONGER ANY FEE for Paintball. Camp Judah will supply all equipment needed. You may bring your own paintball equipment, but the Director may require that it be kept in the Director’s cabin. If you sign up for Paintball, we do our best to give you at least 2 opportunities to play.
The Zip Line is available at Sr. & Jr. Camp starting this year. There is no fee for this activity.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office phone number: 585.308.1006
Emergency Phone: 585.535.7832 (used only during camp)
If you would like write a letter to a camp during the week of camp can be addressed to:
c/o Camp Hickory Hill
2970 Kohler Rd.
Varysburg, NY, 14167